8.14.2013

Real Science Riddles, Talivaldis Stubis

Today's vintage children's book, Real Science Riddles, was illustrated by graphic designer and illustrator Talivaldis Stubis (5/22/26 - 11/08/09). In addition to illustrating almost two dozen children's books, Stubis designed hundreds of now famous posters for stage and screen. Stubis won numerous awards for his books, including his 1962 book, A Pocketful of Seasons, that was named one of New York Time's 100 Best Books of the Year. Stubis's work was also very popular in Japan.

Rose Wyler, along with husband Gerald Ames, published many Science books in the 1950's, 60's and 70's, with the aim of making Science more approachable
to children.












Real Science Riddles
By Rose Wyler
Pictures by Talivaldis Stubis
Scholastic Books, 1971

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I love the special color combination in this book. I always have a great time looking at the wonderful pictures in your blog. I have a childrens book blog too. It´s in german, but if you like to take a look at the pictures step by at: http://daslasmama.blogspot.de/ greetings from Frankfurt - bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment! Nice blog, I left a comment on one of your posts, hope it worked okay, unfortunately I don't understand German.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll be bookmarking and checking back often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire what you have done here. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to be a visitor of this unadulterated web site, thanks for this rare info!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I genuinely enjoy reading through your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make so many great article here and I read your article a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appereciate your work. I read your article every thing is clear, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m impressed with this article, I must say this is one of the best blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! Big thumbs up for the excellent info have got here on this post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im very pleased to read this article. Awesome post, Thanks for this one

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this article has a lot of information needed, looking forward to your new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must thank you for the efforts you’ve put in writing this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you keep it like this, I ll visit you every day.

    ReplyDelete