1.30.2013

Pets in Vintage Children's Books


Image via TheOldOwl
Drawing Cats by Gladys Emerson Cook



Timid Timothy, illustrated by Gweneira Williams


Image via dimestorechic
Fraidy Cat, illustrated by Barbara Maynard


Image via Art Fire
Goldfish, illustrated by Joy Buba




Image via Etsy seller Kelly
Cocker Spaniel, illustrated by Lucy Dawson


Image via birdhousebooks
The Different Dog, illustrated by Paul Galdone




Illustration by Brian Wildsmith


Image via Quinn M.
From Monsieur Bussy, The Celebrated Hamster, 
Illustrated by Annick Delhumeau


The Big Book of Pets illustrated by Janusz Grabianski

5 comments:

  1. Hello, I love your blog! I've just awarded you the Shine On Blog award. Please visit marchhousebookscom.blogspot.co.uk/ to read about the award. Best wishes, Barbara, March House Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the children's book, Pandora? That kitty is one of my favorites. Its written and illustrated by Clare Turlay Newberry. Harper & Brothers, 1944.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with that book or illustrator, I'll have to look it up :>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops - I take that back. After googling it I have seen some of the illustrations before. You're right about the kitten, it is very well illustrated!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget