1.18.2013

Favorite Fairy Tales Told in Russia, Herbert Danska

 Today's vintage children's book, Favorite Fairy Tales Told in Russia, features work by an artist that I am not familiar with. While I don't have any information on this artist for you, a quick search took me to Leif Peng's blog, Today's Inspiration and a post he did back in 2007 showing some work by Herbert Danska. To view that post, click here

I found another post on Danska by Greg Allen at daddytypes, to view that click here.



Illustration from To Your Good Health


Illustration from To Your Good Health


Illustration from Vasilisa The Beautiful


Illustration from Vasilisa The Beautiful


Illustration from Vasilisa The Beautiful


Illustration from Snegourka, The Snow Maiden


Illustration from The Flying Ship


Illustration from The Flying Ship

Favorite Fairy Tales Told in Russia
Retold by Virginia Haviland
Illustrated by Herbert Danska
Little Brown and Company, 1961

3 comments:

  1. I do like your blog Jil, and the more I search for illustrators, the more it pops up lol We're definitely on the same page there :) You must have a great collection of books too. Hope this finds you well and carry on the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I stumbled across that book in the library, last year when I was researching imagery for a Russian story I was illustrating. Very inspiring... a great find!!

    ReplyDelete