4.15.2012

On Mother's Lap, Glo Coalson

I think my scanner just died. It made some very ugly sounds and now won't make any sounds any all. I had just started scanning a book and now have only three pictures to show you from it.

I really like Glo Coalson's loose sketchy illustrations in On Mother's Lap. This type of drawing is my favorite, as I may have mentioned before in previous posts. I'd like to see more of Coalson's work from the 70's, unfortunately there aren't a lot of images to be found on the internet.

Glo Coalson is from Abilene, Texas. She spent some time in Alaska, living with her brother and his wife in Kotzebue. This time in Alaska had an influence on her work and shows in some of her books, especially in On Mother's Lap.



On Mother's Lap
By Ann Herbert Scott
Drawings by Glo Coalson
McGraw-Hill Book Co., 1972

Some other books illustrated by Glo Coalson:






Glo Coalson has a website that shows her paintings and sculptures. If you would like to view it, click here. I also found some images of some lovely raku fired pigeons that Coalson made, you can view them below. I found these images on Flicker, courtesy of Toolie von Bip, where you can also view more images.

No comments:

Post a Comment